At Mercans, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we are counting on your unique voice and perspective to help Mercans become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all. The opportunity: Do you love analytics and want to move your career into Tax? Are you in a mobility role but looking to take on more challenging work? Or do you want to take your career to the next level? Work in a close-knit team that is proud to be the marker leader. As a result of continued growth, Mercans wishes to hire a technically strong Global Compliance Specialist. You will have an interest in developing your client management experience and in being a team player. What we offer: • We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way. Personalized career development including coaching, experiences, and formal learning so you’ll develop the mindset and skills you’ll need to thrive in the future. You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Qualifications / Skills
- Ideally you will have at least 3 years of experience working as part of an employment taxes or expatriate tax services team responsible for delivering mobility tax compliance, income tax consulting and/or employment tax consulting services to large multinational organisations or experience in a small firm with a range of personal and corporate taxes.
- Excellent communication skills, keen desire for knowledge, multi-tasking and strong in project management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- IT skills in coding and database management would be highly regarded but not essential..
- Employment taxes and global mobility advisory work including research, preparation of advice and attending client meetings.
- Assisting with tax return program delivery and management for assignees using our delivery tools and technology.
- Working on fringe benefits tax, payroll tax and superannuation guarantee compliance and reviews including use of data analytics tools and visualisations.
- Ensuring all tax compliance deliverables are high quality, technically accurate and delivered on time.
- Providing guidance and mentoring to junior graduates and vacationers.
Mercans collects and processes personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If you are a European Job Applicant see the privacy notice for further details. Mercans does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.